Dear Brent Family,
The new Coronavirus cases in the Philippines may be creating some anxiety in our community. I invite you to pray for the peace and safety of the Brent Family as a whole.
In addition to prayers, here is an update on our response to the newest cases of Coronavirus. We will continue to follow and take into account various agency recommendations. The situation may change quickly, and we will continue to provide information via email and our website.
Continuing with classes tomorrow, Tuesday, March 10, Brent International School Subic is implementing and recommending the following precautions:
- All activities involving the participation of other schools outside of the Brent community will be suspended effective immediately.
- The weekly disinfecting with Virosolve will continue every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. This includes handrails, door handles, light switches, etc.
- The hand sanitizer Sterillium will continue to be available in all areas of the school, including classrooms, offices, security stations, and the cafeteria.
- Daily temperature checks of all individuals entering the campus will continue. Students, families, and employees should remain home if they have even mild symptoms of illness out of consideration to the rest of the community.
- The self-isolation expectations outlined in our March 1 update remain in full force.
- We urge anyone with travel plans outside the country during Easter Break to reconsider. It is possible anyone returning from abroad could be required to self-quarantine by that point. It is also possible to be stranded outside the country making access to resources and online classes difficult.
- Prepare a plan for your children to have supervision and internet access in case we need to go to Home Learning. We have been preparing for the possibility for some time.
Thank you for your patience, kindness, and self-discipline as we continue to navigate this situation. God bless.
Mr. Brett Petrillo
Headmaster/Upper School Principal